6.7.12

A Mixtape for Those Who Refuse to Be Played Like a Penny-Cent Trick Deck of Cards

(I'm doing a thing where I custom-make Spotify playlists for everyone who wants one. If you want one too, read "the guidelines" here and email me here.)

All right this one's for Anne, who asked for "a playlist for that time when your best friend stops talking to you because you've suddenly begun making out with her ex-boyfriend, even though they broke up two years ago and she's since been dating and fell in love with a girl." It's sassy and vitriolic and I'm especially passionate about the inclusion of "None of Your Business." And "Effect and Cause" too, mostly because "You're like a little girl yelling at her brother 'cause she lost his ball" is what I want to say to anyone who ever gets mad at me. Also, in high school, this cute skater boy two grades behind me used to wear a Breeders shirt that said "I Just Wanna Get Along (Bitch)" and I'm retroactively so impressed with him right now.

Here's the tracklist:

1. "Gucci Rag Top (Remix)" by Kid Sister
2. "None of Your Business" by Salt-N-Pepa
3. "He's My Thing" by Babes in Toyland
4. "Turnaround" by Nirvana
5. "Trash Talk" by Chain and the Gang
6. "Sixteen Saltines" by Jack White
7. "What the Fuck" by Boss Hog
8. "Smoke It" by the Dandy Warhols
9. "Devastator" by the Blood Brothers
10. "I'm Sick of You" by the Stooges
11. "Play with Fire" by the Rolling Stones
12. "Gut Feeling" by Devo
13. "I Just Wanna Get Along" by the Breeders
14. "Burn Bridges" by Dom
15. "Wild Bore" by Mika Miko
16. "Sassy" by Hole
17. "I'll Never Forget You" by Husker Du
18. "Poor Doggie" by Eagles of Death Metal
19. "Attitude" by Guns n' Roses
20. "Another Love Song" by Queens of the Stone Age
21. "Effect and Cause" by the White Stripes

xo Liz

2 comments:

  1. MAY I just say...how perfectly in tune with the universe this makes me feel because you referenced "Effect and Cause" and used one of the lines that has always makes me stop, and hit repeat on that track. That and, (perfectly) for this occasion, "I'm not saying I'm innocent, in fact the reverse, but if you're headed to the grave, you don't blame the hearse". Anyway, this is awesome and you, once again, are the shit.

    ReplyDelete