6.9.13

Thing of the Week: Tsuki the Shiba Inu, Bradford from Deerhunter, Kim Gordon Everywhere

LJ'S THING OF THE WEEK: Tsuki the Shiba Inu 


I am obsessed with wanting to buy a black Shiba Inu named Arthur. I mean, I would name him Arthur. I don't care if he came named Arthur or not. I doubt that anyone has ever named a black Shiba Inu Arthur besides me, I mean future-me, anyway; everybody always names their Shiba Inu something Japanese-esque i.e. Tsuki. Ugh. How basic. Why don't you go feed it some okonomiyaki and then name a poodle Fifi while you're at it? Just kidding. You are obviously too basic to have heard of okonomiyaki before this second.  

Anyway, I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that I'm
obsessed with wanting Arthur. Whenever work is slow (I really hope my boss isn't reading this!) I stand around and look at pictures of black Shiba Inus on Google Image Search and then I save the pictures of the Shiba Inus who look most like what I want Arthur to look like to my Camera Roll, and then I look through my Camera Roll and pretend that it's the future and I've just asked someone if they'd like to see a picture of my Shiba Inu, Arthur. (I'm just kidding about really hoping that my boss isn't reading this. My boss has an uncanny ability to walk in on me Google Image Searching Shiba Inu puppies on his own. As far as my boss must be concerned, I have never done anything else.) 

My Shiba Inu obsession really took a turn for the more psychotic once I remembered about the website
The Daily Puppy. I allowed myself to get to a point where I know the names and individual identities of every Shiba Inu that has ever been featured on Daily Puppy. Obviously they're all winners, to some extent, but Tsuki really brings it home. She's so spritely and alert-seeming. 



There's also this other guy, named Hachi, who I like a lot:




Hachi is disturbingly cute, obviously, but you can tell he's going to grow up to be a bit of a dullard. Just a lumpy old chewer of rawhide who stinks the car up. My Arthur's got to be of above average intelligence levels, one of those dogs who can open a door with his paw and howl the word "Hello." He'll know fifty tricks and won't require a leash. He'll never do anything embarrassing like eat rabbit shit or hump your houseguest's leg. Like my homegirl Tsuki, he'll bring only positive energy to the table:




Unfortunately, I found a very disturbing comment on Tsuki's Daily Puppy profile just now. Tsuki's not
actually a puppy- she was rescued by her owner, Jaeby, at age four or five. A man named Steve wrote in saying how he lost a Shiba Inu named Bella on April 11th, 2008, when he was attacked by a pit bull! To make a long story short, he thinks Tsuki is Bella. Then, five years ago, he posts all this sad information like the link to a website he made called Bring Bella Home, and information about Bella's microchip. IS TSUKI BELLA? No more pictures of Tsuki were ever posted after the date Steve left his comment, so probably yeah. Hopefully Tsuki's owners did the right thing and gave Bella back to chill Steve who didn't name her something pseudo-Japanese like an imbecile. Anyway, this is one Shiba Inu-related mystery I sure never wanted to uncover. To end things on a more positive note, here's some really cool motivation for me to end up owning two Shiba Inus:



He ate spices! I love dogs so much! 





LIZ'S THING OF THE WEEK: Bradford from Deerhunter


The first time I saw Deerhunter they were opening for the Ponys sometime six years ago. They came out and Bradford was wearing a dress and kept stumbling around the stage, saying, "Darby Crash...Darby Crash...DARBY CRASH..." over and over again for a really long time. I liked it. I was like, "YOU ARE COOL," in my head. And then I didn't see Deerhunter again until FYF a couple weekends ago, and I missed most of their set because I was watching Devendra Banhart, which was a bad choice. (Not bad because he was bad - I love Devendra, his music is gorgeous and so his face. It was just the wrong venue for him. His songs are very quiet and he probably should have just played in my living room instead.) But the little bit of Deerhunter I saw was terrifying and hypnotizing and amazing, and I was in love with Bradford's wig and crazy dress (as seen in the above photo, which came from here). He's just got this weirdly angelic presence. He's a weird scary angel.

(Also, during the Breeders's set at FYF Bradford came out to sing the chorus to "Saints," and for the verses he crouched down on the stage and stared up at them adoringly, looking like this. So cute. And for the rest of their set he sort of lingered at the edge of the stage and chainsmoked, watching the band super-intently. I took lots of pictures of that too.)

So the next morning I read that BuzzFeed interview where Bradford shit-talks Morrissey the whole time ("Anybody who says they dislike The Beatles is a pretentious jerk. Like me. But I actually like them, I like The Beatles. I like all music, really, except The Smiths") and I loved it, and then I bought Monomania and watched Deerhunter playing "Monomania" on Jimmy Fallon. I watched it like eight hundred times. I love Bradford's bloody mouth and bloody fingers, I love his drama and use of hand movement and how he's always touching his wig. I really like his commitment to the performance. Bradford makes me feel like Commitment is Cool. The last minute of this video's the most exciting:

 


JEN'S THING OF THE WEEK: Kim Gordon Everywhere


Kim Gordon has been everywhere the last few months and I'm loving it. After the Elle article, there was the New Yorker profile. I wish that profile was the length of the entire magazine and the photo was a full page. When I saw there was a profile with her I thought I'm going to hang the photo above my desk before even flipping to the page. All hail the Queen. Unfortunately it was a smaller-ish picture which is NOT what I had in mind. She's cool and smart, we all knew this, but the new info was she has an astrologer and watches TV. She grates beets into salad and dances around. Her new band Body/head has an album coming out next week. You can listen to it online and I have. I love it. I really do. It's my Kim Songs dream come true. I agree with and love Jessica Hopper's gushing  Spin review.  I missed the body/head show that the Julie Ruin ended up playing. Total bummer. I'm also missing the one next week at Union Pool because I guess I forgot to make note of when tickets went on sale and now there are none. She has an art opening on Saturday though, which I will go to. I'm also going to miss her at the New Yorker Festival, but I will try and go to the Kim tribute at Issue Project Room. She's everywhere. Kim Forever. 

15 comments:

  1. I love Bradford Cox so much, but everyone probably knew that. So Liz's post made me really happy, ha ha. Except it would never occur to me to call him by his first name only! My partner and I refer to him as B. Cox all the time, but never just Bradford. That's kind of weird.

    I made a book of his interviews up to March 2012 (because I'm a creep and I work at a book printing company); I'll totally send you (Liz) a copy!! They're SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps. http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/50850503/Atlas+Sound+kim+deal++bradford+cox.jpg

      Delete
    2. so adorbs! and i'm actually trying to declutter my world right now, but thank you for the offer :)

      Delete
    3. Oh man I hear you on that.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9.9.13

    I love the "thing of the week" concept

    ReplyDelete
  3. SCAMS COME IN MANY FORMS, BUT ALL ARE DESIGNED TO GET A HOLD OF YOUR HARD-EARNED MONEY.
    The first mistake I made was thinking I could multiply my income by investing in cryptocurrency, I fell for a popular investment scam and was swindled of $60,000 in bitcoins. After a few weeks, I came across a pop-up while browsing the internet about a recovery team called Wardrivers Cyber Service that could help me recover my bitcoins in a matter of hours, I was doubtful about it at first but I finally contacted them and in a space of 48 hours, Wardrivers cyber-service was able to recover all of my money lost in bitcoins. They are the best bitcoins recovery team out there and if you face similar issues, you should contact them immediately.
    Contact information: Wardriverscyberservice@techie.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lost Crypto Assets Recovery Expert; CaptainWeb Genesis.

    Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency scams are becoming rampant as the day goes by. One should be careful when dealing with unauthorized online investments firms especially when it has to deal with fake Brokers. I had been Scammed recently for a large sum of my funds . Getting back your stolen Crypto is very easy but there are also lots of fraudulent recovery firms out there so you need to be careful not to end up being defrauded again. CaptainWeb Genesis is the most trusted and reliable Crypto Recovery Expert who helped me recover my scammed funds back. CaptainWeb Genesis specializes in recovering bitcoin and tokens that have been taken from you by Scammers. Reach out the expert through;

    Email ;Captainwebgenesis@hackermail.com
    WhatsApp +1 (447) 442-0456.

    CaptainWeb Genesis provides excellent services.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONSULT AN AUTHORIZED USDT/BITCOIN RECOVERY HACKER, ALPHA KEY
    Please be wise and avoid making the same mistake I did. I was a victim of a bitcoin scam after seeing a glamorous review praising and advertising an investment firm. I contacted them to learn more about their contracts and invested $185,057 after being promised to receive my first 25% profit within weeks. However, when it came time to receive my profits, I discovered the company was a scam after they kept requesting that I invest more. I eventually lost patience and asked to have my money returned.I urge you guys to reach out to ALPHA KEY on their support email:
    Email:Alphakey@consultant.com
    Whatsapp: +12179740043
    Website::https://alphakey6.wixsite.com/alpha-key

    ReplyDelete
  6. A LICENSED CRYPTO RECOVERY HACKER, CONSULT ALPHA KEY

    I'm delighted to come here today and thank Alpha Key for their excellent work in helping me recover all of my lost money. Two months ago, I made a sizable online investment in cryptocurrency with the expectation that I would profit 35% of each transaction each week, but all of those expectations turned out to be false. I had no idea that I had lost $65,679 in US dollars due to a cryptocurrency investment, but Alpha Key Recovery made it all worthwhile.I contacted them after reading a review about them online. I would definitely suggest ALPHA KEY RECOVERY to anyone who has been defrauded of money online and fears that they will lose tens of thousands of dollars since Alpha Key has you covered.
    Telegram: Alpha Key Recovery
    Signal on +16145683873
    Email: Alphakey@consultant.com
    Whatsapp: +15714122170

    ReplyDelete

  7. THE BEST AND MOST TRUSTED BITCOIN HACKER...

    I'M THE HAPPIEST WOMAN ON THE PLANET...I still can't believe my lost Bitcoin was recovered; Captain WebGenesis is a true godsend; I received my missing Bitcoin within 48 hours. I had read some fantastic testimonials about Captain WebGenesis before calling him and explaining how a bogus investment organization had stolen my Bitcoin and I needed assistance recovering it... Captain WebGenesis was so precise, I had no idea it would work so quickly for me... After hearing about my predicament, he did all humanly possible to recover my lost Bitcoin from those scammers. I volunteer to share my testimony with anyone else who has been fooled and requires the services of a recovery agency to reclaim their funds, that Captain WebGenesis is a genuine and trustworthy Bitcoin recovery agency that reclaims any bitcoin stolen from victims by fraudulent investment firms. Never give up on recovering your missing funds; please contact CAPTAIN WEBGENESIS from anywhere in the world at any time.

    E-MAIL: (Captainwebgenesis@hackermail.com)
    VERIFIED WEBSITE: https://captainwebgenesis.com
    CALL OR WHATSAPP +1 205 336 1020

    courtesy of Faith Tyler...

    ReplyDelete
  8. TRACING AND RECOVERY LOST CRYPTO FROM SCAMMERS ONLINE

    Hi everyone, I'm Becky Luiz. Thanks to Wizard Larry, I am thrilled to share this with all of you. Wizard Larry, who returned my money from several online con artists acting under disguise of investing in bitcoin
    Wizard Larry has a motivated, committed, and competent staff that can retrieve your money no matter how complicated the circumstances. They have a group of authorized investigators for cryptocurrencies. The group excels at carrying out in-depth research. They categorize linkages between cryptocurrency addresses and entities using sophisticated software. It helps locate comparable offenders on the darknet, as well as mixers and fiat on and off ramps. If you have been the victim of any kind of online fraud, get in contact with them right away.

    Email : Wizardlarry@mail.com
    Email: Support(@)wizardlarryrecovery.com
    Visit website: https://larrywizard43.wixsite.com/wizardlarry

    ReplyDelete

  9. HOW CAN I RECOVER LOST FUNDS FROM TRUST WALLET ? CONSULT CAPTAIN WEBGENESIS.

    Crypto Recovery Services - Through Captain WebGenesis / Legitimate Cryptocurrency Recovery Expert.

    Another Successful Bitcoin Recovery, My Spouse and I are another successful client of Captain WebGenesis among many. Numerous good reviews have been written about how the Crypto Recovery Expert has been utilizing his recovery skills to help people regain their happiness by getting their assets and Bitcoin back from dishonest and scammy cryptocurrency trading organizations. We were severely scammed by some scammers online, so I had to get in touch with them after reading about many of the fantastic services they offer. Fortunately, everything worked out well and Captain WebGenesis was able to get back the money we believed the Fraudsters had taken from us. Reach Captain WebGenesis via
    WhatsApp at +1 701) 314-27-29 or email at (Captainwebgenesis@hackermail.com)

    Website; Www.captainwebgenesis.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. WIZARD JAMES RECOVERY was recommended to me in order to help me recover my money from con artists. One of the biggest mistakes I have ever made in my life was believing a man I met on LinkedIn who told me about a binary trading investment company and how he has been profitable trading with them. He was very convincing, and everything on the platform appeared very legitimate. This is how I got into business with him. I made the decision to build on my initial $21,000 USD buy-in for the 14-day tier 2 investment plan and to continue. After two months, I've successfully completed my 1, 2, and 3 withdrawals, When it came time for me to finally buy my dream home in Long Island, I had planned to use the returns from this plan to upgrade my account and invest with the Tier X, as advised by the guy on Linkedin. However, when it came time to withdraw my funds from my dashboard, I was denied the ability to do so, and they continued to use various methods to defraud me of my money through support. This left me feeling devastated, so I looked for assistance and learned about WIZARD JAMES RECOVERY. He went above and above my expectations; I contacted him via email at (wizardjamesrecovery@usa.com), and he provided me with a detailed explanation of the process. I knew what he was doing and I knew what was expected of me. He is efficient and capable of delivering results fast; in a short period of time, he was able to return $627,200 USD to my Blockchain wallet account. I will recommend this organisation to anyone looking for a trustworthy business that honours its commitments.
    They provide outstanding service. I am quite happy. I'm able to proceed with purchasing my own house at last.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never had any trouble working for my money, but saving and investing with it is always easier said than done. In my situation, the scammers deceived me out of the shares I received from a corporation I invested in for a long time. It took years for me to reach the point where I could claim it, and when I did, these cybercriminals stole it from me. This unexpected loss left me broke, hopeless, miserable, and barely able to survive.These cybercriminals have no idea how difficult their schemes may make our lives when they destroy our finances and cause us to lose everything. I detest evil and those that cheat people because they're never favourable situations to be in. With this financial swindle, it felt as though everything I owned had slipped through my fingers. They would occasionally hide their nefarious schemes until they struck when we least expected. My son, who works with "SECURITAS," vouched for "WIZARD JAMES's Legitimacy" and said that his workplace was secretly collaborating with "WIZARD JAMES" on many cyber threats. WIZARD JAMES RECOVERY and its RECOVERY TEAM will put a stop to that, just as they put an end to mine. WIZARD JAMES RECOVERY TEAM, with whom I had previously collaborated, managed to recover my funds. I have worked with this team, and I felt compelled to use my personal experience to warn as many people as possible and save as many of them. Recovery of Wizard James Contact (wizardjamesrecovery @) usa.) com) right now to speak with hackers who can help you get out of that difficult situation.Follow @WizardJamesRecovery on Telegram or Whats-app +44 7418 367204. This is your opportunity to reclaim what is rightfully yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Indeed Bliss Paradox Recovery Are the Best Recovery Expert for Any Kind of Bitcoin Recovery. Consult them Now.
    If you are looking for answers where you can get information about the recovery of a stolen bitcoin, reach out to Bliss Paradox Recovery through any of their platform you can, Telegram.. Blissparadoxrecovery, Email.. Blissparadoxrecovery @ aol. com, WA...+1 3 8 0 2 0 6 9 7 1 2, Signal No...+ 1 7 2 7 6 1 5 9 0 3 0. I came across a review about them on trustpilot website and they were able to recover my stolen BTC worth $120k, thanks to them for being this trustworthy. Website...https://dev-blissparadoxrecovery.pantheonsite.io/

    ReplyDelete